Thursday 16 June 2011

The so-many-colours quilt!




This is the quilt I finished last weekend. I have had this quilt front ready for a long time but haven't had the time to finish it. Finally last weekend I had the chance to get it all done!

I usually throw my quilts in the washing machine straight after they're done. I like the crinkle effect from the shrinkage after washing, specially on free motion quilting. I also love the freshly cleaned feel to it and the smell of the conditioner, and that's why I didn't show any images of this quilt on my other post and only now had the chance to photograph it. I had to do this inside as (as usual!), it was raining. I got my boyfriend to hold the quilt while I photographed. He's always very helpful :P



Este é o
quilt que terminei no fim de semana passado. tinha a frente deste quilt pronta imenso tempo mas nunca mais tive tempo para o acabar. Finalmente este fim de semana tive a oportunidade de o deixar pronto!

Eu
costumo meter os meus quilts dentro da máquina de lavar logo que os acabo. Gosto do aspecto enrugado devido ao encolhimento após a lavagem, especialmente em
quilting livre. Também adoro aquela sensação de acabadinho de lavar e o cheiro do amaciador, é por isso que não mostrei imagens no meu outro post e agora tive a oportunidade de o fotografar. Tive de o fazer dentro de casa uma vez que (como de costume!), estava a chover. Pus o meu namorado a segurar o quilt enquanto eu fotografava. Ele é sempre muito prestativo :P

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is gorgeous! I love the mix of soft and bright colours! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete