Friday 13 May 2011

Unfinished projects

I get really excited about this whole quilting thing, so much so that before I finish one project I have already started a new one, sometimes leaving unfinished projects behind.
I also have lots of ideas that I don't always put to practice, mainly because I don't have the time. There aren't enough hours in the day! I have a full time job, and now that I have my energy back and I'm no longer ill with ulcerative colitis or house bound recovering from surgeries, I want to take advantage of my free weekends to be out of the house and enjoy life.

I leave you some examples of quilts I haven't finished yet. All of them were made with fabrics I had available at the time and maybe one of the reasons I never got to finish them is because I'm not sure I like the way they are turning out.
Having said that, that's usually the way I like to make my quilts. I don't like too much planning when it comes to choosing the fabrics. Most times, I work with what I have available at home or something I was able to find at very cheap prices. I like the randomness of the fabrics and the unpredictability of how it turns out. Of course sometimes it doesn't turn out as pretty as I'd hoped but other times it can be a good surprise like this quilt I absolutely love.



Fico mesmo entusiasmada com isto de fazer quilts, tão entusiasmada que antes de terminar um projecto já comecei com outro, ás vezes deixando projectos inacabados para trás.
Também tenho montes de ideias que nem sempre ponho em prática, principalmente porque não tenho tempo. Não há horas suficientes num único dia! Trabalho a tempo inteiro, e agora que tenho a minha energia de volta e já não estou doente com colite ulcerosa ou fechada em casa a recuperar de cirurgias, quero tirar partido dos meus fins de semana livres para sair de casa e aproveitar a vida.

Deixo-vos alguns exemplos de quilts que ainda não terminei. Todos eles foram feitos com tecidos que tinha disponível na altura e talvez uma das razões pelo qual nunca os terminei é porque não tenho a certeza se gosto de como estão a ficar. No entanto, esta é normalmente a maneira de que gosto de fazer os meus quilts. Não gosto de planear muito a escolha dos tecidos. Na maioria das vezes trabalho com o que tenho disponível em casa, ou outros tecidos que tenha conseguido comprar bem baratinho. Gosto do efeito aleatório dos tecidos e a imprevisibilidade do seu resultado. Claro que às vezes não ficam tão bonitos como o esperado mas outras vezes são uma boa surpresa como este quilt que eu adoro.





I made this quilt front with some old fabric swatches that were going to thrown away. I wondered how they would look together, I'm just not sure now if I like the end result. :P 


Fiz esta frente de quilt com algumas amostras de tecido antigas que iam ser deitadas fora. Fiquei a imaginar como ficariam juntas, só não sei se agora gosto do resultado final. :P

I have done this piece ages ago. It was my first attempt to try English paper piecing. I picked these fabrics just to try it out and got carried away. I have no idea what to do with it. For now it will stay exactly as it is.
 
Fiz este pedaço há séculos. Foi a minha primeira tentativa em fazer English paper piecing. Escolhi os tecidos apenas para experimentar e fiquei empolgada. Não faço ideia do que fazer com ele. Por enquanto vai ficar exatamente como está.


Another attempt on the English paper piecing. I'm intrigued about this one. We'll see how it turns out once it's finished, probably in a very distant future!


Outra tentativa em English paper piecing. Estou intrigada com este. Veremos o resultado, provavelmente num futuro muito distante.

No comments:

Post a Comment