Monday 20 June 2011

Home
















































Although I live in a different country than the rest of my family I am lucky enough to be able to go home quite often. In fact, I usually go home every couple of months and stay for the weekend. Well, it's actually never a full weekend. I usually fly there on Friday and come back on Sunday morning, so technically, I only stay there one whole day.
The flight is only 2.30 hours which is quite good, but because my journey also includes getting a train, a taxi, a coach and my mum or dad's ride home it ends up taking a lot of time from my weekend and can be quite tiring but it's always worth it.

This time my siblings were all at home which doesn't always happen! The sun was shinning and it was warm (which for someone who lives in this cold and grey country which is England, it felt pretty good!) so on Saturday we went for a coffee together and then for a walk in the park and trough the city where I took these photographs.


Embora more num país diferente do resto da minha família tenho a sorte de poder ir a casa com frequência. De facto, costumo ir a casa de dois em dois meses para passar o fim de semana. Bem, para falar verdade nunca é realmente um fim de semana completo. Costumo apanhar o avião na sexta-feira e voltar no domingo de manhã, por isso, tecnicamente só passo mesmo um dia completo.
O voo é só de 2.30 horas o que não é nada mau, mas como a viagem também inclui apanhar um comboio, um táxi, um autocarro e a boleia da minha mãe ou do meu pai para casa, acabo por perder grande parte do fim de semana nisto, e às vezes torna-se cansativo, mas vale sempre a pena.

Desta vez os meus irmãos estiveram todos em casa o que não acontece sempre! Estava um dia de sol quente (o que, para alguém que vive nesta terra cinzenta e fria que é a Inglaterra, soube mesmo bem!) e então no sábado fomos juntos beber café e passeamos pelas ruas da cidade e pelo parque, onde tirei estas fotografias.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! The plants are so green and colorful, such a stark contrast to the brown and water deprived area where I live! Love the blue building!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :)
    The blue building picture is also my favourite.

    ReplyDelete