Friday 8 April 2011

The very first





























I finally came around to photograph the sewing I have been doing. This quilt is the very first one and so far my favourite. It wasn't done the same way I do it now. I didn't know much about quilting and I didn't have a walking foot, which made the quilting very challenging. Either way, I'm really happy with the way it turned out. It may not be perfect but I think the little imperfections of a hand made quilt are what makes it so special.


Finalmente comecei a fotografar as coisas que tenho andado a costurar. Este quilt é o primeiro, e até agora o meu favorito. Não foi feito do mesmo modo que os faço agora. Não sabia muito acerca de como fazer quilts e não tinha um walking foot, o que tornou o acolchoamento bastante difícil. De qualquer forma estou bastante contente com o resultado. Pode não estar perfeito, mas para mim, as pequenas imperfeições são o que tornam um quilt feito à mão tão especial.

No comments:

Post a Comment