Wednesday 6 April 2011

How all the sewing began

I spent a very long time recovering from various surgeries due to Ulcerative Colitis. There is only so much one can do within the confines of one's home, and as soon as I started feeling good enough to move around, but not so good I could go back to my normal routine, I became bored and impatient.


My darling boyfriend had the cutest idea of giving me a sewing machine as a present. A tiny sewing machine, not capable of much, but which got me into quilting! I love sewing and I enjoyed do much occupying my time doing it that I bought a new, stronger, sewing machine that would allow me to quilt. From then on I have been sewing whenever I can.


I lived with an ileostomy for over a year. Now I have an internal pouch. Life with Ulcerative Colitis is everything but easy but I'm finally getting back to life. Slowly. For once I feel healthy, I have energy and I feel eager to do everything!
The way I see it, my illness isn't my weakness, but my strength. 


Passei muito tempo a recuperar de várias operações devido à Colite Ulcerosa. Não há muita coisa que se possa fazer quando se está preso em casa, e assim que me comecei a sentir melhor, mas não o suficiente para voltar à rotina normal, comecei a ficar aborrecida e impaciente.

O meu querido namorado teve a ideia maravilhosa de me oferecer uma máquina de costura de presente. Uma máquina pequenina, para pequenos trabalhos, mas que me motivou para começar a fazer quilts! Adoro costurar e gostei tanto de assim ocupar o meu tempo que acabei por comprar uma máquina de costura nova, mais potente, que me permite fazer quilts. Desde então tenho costurado sempre que posso.

Vivi com uma ileostomia por mais de um ano. Agora tenho uma bolsa ileoanal. Viver com Colite Ulcerosa não é nada fácil mas estou finalmente a voltar à minha vida normal. Devagarinho. Finalmente sinto-me saudável, tenho energia, e sinto-me ansiosa de fazer tudo!
Na minha perspectiva, a minha doença não me torna mais fraca, mas sim uma pessoa mais forte.

No comments:

Post a Comment