Thursday 14 April 2011

Finished quilts


This quilt was my first attempt to do free motion quilting. It turned out harder than I expected, and the fact that the wadding was of poor quality made matters worse.
There isn't a picture of the back because I don't think it looks very good. Free motion quilting does need practice. The next quilts already look much better and I hope to improve my skill even more with time. I'm persistent! :)

Este quilt foi a minha primeira tentativa em fazer quilt livre. Acabou por ser mais difícil do que eu pensava, e o facto de o enchimento ser de pouca qualidade tornou a coisa mais difícil.
Não há fotografia da parte de trás porque não acho que esteja muito bem. Quilting livre requer prática. Os próximos quilts já ficaram bem melhores e ainda espero melhorar mais com tempo. Eu sou persistente! :)

























I got the idea for these 2 quilts on the book "A Practical Guide to Patchwork" by Elizabeth Hartman. You can also find them here and here.

Fui buscar a ideia para estes 2 quilts ao livro "A Practical Guide to Patchwork" by Elizabeth Hartman. Também se podem encontrar aqui e aqui.

No comments:

Post a Comment