Monday 7 May 2012

Only checks and stripes [3] : Finished


















































Finished! I have been waiting for a break in the rain to be able to photograph this quilt outside. I thought I'd never get the chance!
This quilt was made only with checks and stripes fabric scraps except for the white fabric on the back. It is a twin bed size (66 by 81 inches), free-motion quilted and it was made for one of my sisters. I will be starting one for my other sister soon, but this time I will be using prints, flower prints mainly.


Acabado! Estive à espera de um intervalo na chuva para poder fotografar este quilt lá fora. Pensei que nunca mais ia ter oportunidade!
Este quilt foi feito apenas com retalhos de xadrezes e riscas, exceto o tecido branco usado na parte de trás. O tamanho é de uma cama individual (cerca de 1,65 m por 2 m), o acolchoamento é free-montion quilting e foi feito para uma das minhas irmãs. Vou começar brevemente um outro quilt para a minha outra irmã, mas desta vez vou usar estampados, principalmente estampados de flores.

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing, it looks stunning, I love all the different checks and your quilting looks wonderful (I am in awe of how straight all you lines of squares are.... I am in the process of making my first quilt, and the rows do not match up at all, clearly I cannot measure or sew a quarter inch!!!) I hope you enjoyed the bank holiday x

    ReplyDelete