Thursday 17 May 2012

One-thousand-and-eighty-nine-hexagons quilt : Progress [3]

























































I have hand sewn all the hexagons together and the front of this quilt is all complete. It turns out the 1089 hexagons weren't quite enough, I had to add a few more and now I count 1320 hexagons. Although this stage is complete, my work isn't even half done, on the contrary. The challenging part will be hand quilting it. I have never done any hand quilting before and I imagine it won't be an easy thing to do. The smart thing would have been starting with a small project, but no, that would be too sensible for me. Instead I decided that on my first attempt of hand quilting I'd just go for a queen size quilt! Well, I won't mind if it isn't perfect, as long as the 3 layers are secure together I'll be happy :P


Já cosi à mão todos os hexágonos e a parte da frente deste quilt está completa. Afinal, os 1089 hexágonos não foram suficientes, tive que adicionar mais uns quantos e agora conto 1320 hexágonos. Apesar desta fase estar completa o meu trabalho não está sequer a meio, pelo contrário. A parte difícil será fazer o acolchoamento à mão. Nunca fiz hand quilting e imagino que não será tarefa fácil. Teria sido inteligente da minha parte se tivesse começado com um projecto pequeno, mas não, isso seria muito sensato para mim, em vez disso decidi começar com um queen size na minha primeira tentativa de fazer um quilt à mão! Não faz mal, não me importo se não ficar perfeito, desde que os 3 layers fiquem bem seguros juntos fico contente :P


No comments:

Post a Comment