Sunday 24 July 2011

Home [2]


























The beach of Foz do Arelho is the closest to my hometown and the one I used to go more often when I was a kid. We'd get up really early and spend the whole day at the beach, usually with a break for a picnic in the woods at lunch time.
My memories of the beach are different from what it looks like today. I remember huge dunes... or maybe they were not that huge but that's the way they are in my childhood memories... I remember enjoying going up and down those dunes with my brother and sisters.

For many years going to the beach regularly during the summer was something I thought really normal and it wasn't until later that I realised this is not a reality for many. I feel privileged to have grown up in this country with great weather and a beautiful coast. Sometimes I can't quite understand why I moved to such a rainy country! :P haha

I have been on holiday since Friday, hurray!, I'm spending a week in Portugal and yesterday was the first day I went to the beach this year. Oh, it felt good! How I missed these hot sunny days :)

 

A praia da Foz do Arelho é a mais próxima da terra onde cresci e a que costumava ir com mais frequência quando era pequena. Acordávamos bem cedo e passávamos o dia inteiro na praia, geralmente com uma pausa para um piquenique num pinhal há hora do almoço.
As memórias que tenho da praia são diferentes de como está hoje. Lembro-me de dunas enormes... Ou talvez nem fossem assim tão grandes, mas essa é a forma como as guardo nas minhas memórias de infância... Lembro-me de gostar de subir e descer as dunas com o meu irmão e irmãs.

Por muitos anos, ir à praia regularmente durante o verão foi algo que sempre achei muito normal e não foi até mais tarde que percebi que não é uma realidade para muitos. Sinto-me privilegiada por ter crescido neste país com um tempo fantástico e uma costa linda. Às vezes nem percebo porque me mudei para um país tão chuvoso! : P haha

Estou de férias desde sexta-feira, hurray!, estou em Portugal por uma semana e ontem foi o primeiro dia que fui à praia este ano. Ah, e soube tão bem! Como tinha saudades destes dias de sol quentes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment